VOLUME awards the best music video, which brings Macau original music to worldwide film makers to compete in the Macau International Short Film Festival by producing a music video based on Macau original music.
The music vidoes could be submitted by email or the following online platforms:
Click here to download the submission form for submitting through email.
Please read the below regulation before your submission, you can download the regulation in PDF here.
Songs available for download to enter VOLUME:
– Love Is Gonna Fill This Town
- 1.1MACAU INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (“FESTIVAL”), previously known as Sound & Image Challenge International Festival, is an annual worldwide audio-visual festival which aims to motivate overseas and Macau short film productions to compete in this FESTIVAL.
- 1.2VOLUME awards the best MUSIC VIDEO (“MV”), which brings Macau original music to worldwide filmmakers to compete in the FESTIVAL by producing an MV based on one Macau original music..
- 2.IMPORTANT DATES AND VENUE
- 2.1The submission opens from 16th March to 20th July 2020. Unless the FESTIVAL announces an extension, no submission will be accepted after this date.
- 2.2All MVs in the OFFICIAL SELECTION will be included in the public screening sessions at Dom Pedro V Theatre from 1st to 8th December 2020 during the FESTIVAL.
- 3.SUBMISSION TERMS
- 3.1VOLUME is open to anyone of any nationality and age.
- 3.2Submitted MVs must be completed between 1st January 2019 and 16th June 2020. Films selected in previous editions of the Sound & Image Challenge International Festival will not be admitted.
- 3.3No submission fees.
- 3.4The FESTIVAL accepts only three original MVs by the same director(s).
- 3.5The entire soundtrack of the MV should ONLY contain the song itself in full length, with no more than 30 seconds allowed for intro and end credits.
- 3.6Filmmakers could use the listed soundtrack of original song (“LISTED SONG”) on the FESTIVAL website or their own original song by Macau Individual singer or music band (“BAND”).
- 3.7For Non-LISTED SONG, full lyrics and its English translation are required, and at least ONE MEMBER of the BAND must hold a valid Macau Resident ID Card (BIR) or Non-Resident Worker’s ID Card (Blue Card) or Authorization to Stay – Student Type.
- 3.8The BAND of the LISTED SONG on the FESTIVAL website gave consent to use the song exclusively in the production of MVs for the submission to VOLUME. Any other purposes require the authorisation from the owner of the LISTED SONG and is out of the scope of the FESTIVAL.
- 3.9The minimum quality should be:
- •Video File: QuickTime or mp4
- •Resolution: 1280 x 720
- •Frame Rate: 24, 25 or 30fps
- •Codecs: H.264 with AAC
- 3.10All submissions must be sent to the FESTIVAL either:
- •By using online submission platforms listed on the FESTIVAL’s website.
- •By email to firstname.lastname@example.org in combination with a web-based file transfer platform (e.g. ©Dropbox, ©WeTransfer) or file hosting service (e.g. ©Vimeo).
- •By post to CREATIVE MACAU – P.O. BOX 759, MACAU. Parcels must arrive in the mailbox by 20th July 2020.
- 3.11The following items must be submitted and composed in ENGLISH with each submission:
- •for online platforms:
Complete the fields in the platform, minimum information includes
1) MV title
6) Director’s Biography [max 40 words]
7) Video file
- •for submission by email or post:
1) VOLUME SUBMISSION FORM – properly filled in capital letters and signed, downloadable on the FESTIVAL website.
4) Director’s Biography [max 40 words]
5) Video file [720p or above, please refer to 3.7]
- 3.12Failure to comply or provide any of the required materials will result in disqualification.
- 3.13All third-party audio or visual material, legally owned or copyrighted, must be cited clearly during the on-screen credits sequence of the submitted film. Submitters have to attach a proof of authorisation from the third party upon request.
- 3.14By submitting a film to the FESTIVAL, submitters imply the acceptance of this Regulation.
- 4.OFFICIAL SELECTION
- 4.1The FESTIVAL will notify ONLY the contact of the temporarily selected MVs by 10th August 2020.
- 4.2Directors/Producers/Representatives of the temporarily selected films must submit the lyrics, with an English Translation, and an HQ version, within a designated period after being notified. Failing to submit the requested materials by the designated deadline will be automatically excluded from the OFFICIAL SELECTION
- 4.3By submitting the requested materials, Directors/ Producers/Representatives agree that the temporarily selected MVs be included in the FESTIVAL’s OFFICIAL SELECTION.
- 4.4Submitted version will be the final version for the public screening.
- 5.JURY AND AWARDS
- 5.1The INTERNATIONAL JURY PANEL is composed of directors, producers and other professionals in the music industry. They will select the potential best MVs for OFFICIAL SELECTION as well as the best MVs for the PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS mentioned in 5.3.
- 5.2The GRAND JURY PANEL is composed of international experts to judge and decide among the short films in OFFICIAL SELECTION on the winner of each of the following awards:
- •Best Music Video – MOP10,000
- 5.3Another July Panel composed of international experts will decide the following PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS:
- •Best Song
- •Best Visual Effects
- 5.4There will be no appeal to the decision made by the FESTIVAL.
- 5.5The GRAND JURY PANEL and the FESTIVAL can also recognise any film with a special award.
- 5.6All winners will receive a TROPHY and a CERTIFICATE.
- 6.1All submitted MVs may be presented to the mass media and be edited in the promotional videos (up to a maximum of 10% of the total duration of the work), exclusively for the promotion of the FESTIVAL.
- 6.2After the FESTIVAL, the MVs in OFFICIAL SELECTION may be screened in the FESTIVAL’s extensions in Macau and overseas film festivals, prior to the consent of the directors/producers/representatives.
- 7.GENERAL TERMS
- 7.1Only original MVs are admitted to the FESTIVAL.
- 7.2The FESTIVAL will not pay any screening rights fees for public exhibition of all MVs.
- 7.3Submitted MVs not in the OFFICIAL SELECTION might be included, with the consent of the directors/producers/ representatives of the MV, in the EXPANDED CINEMA session of the FESTIVAL.
- 7.4The medium (USBs, DVDs, etc.) submitted will not be returned.
- 7.5Considering all legal issues, directors/producers/ representatives of the submitted MVs assume full responsibility. The FESTIVAL will decline any sort of responsibility regarding authorship issues.
- 7.6The FESTIVAL reserves the right to consider and decide on any substance not included in this Regulation.
- 7.7Winners receiving cash prizes requesting a bank transfer and/or a payment in a foreign currency (other than MOP) are fully responsible for any taxes or fees applied by the bank during transfer.
- 7.8In case of doubt or discrepancy, the Portuguese version of this Regulation shall prevail.